Popular Posts

Monday, November 29, 2010

as found at allrecipes.com

Time Started: 7:10pm
Time Finished: 7:45pm

  • 1 pound uncooked penne pasta -- I used the 'Quick Cook' pasta and I would not recommend it
  • 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil 
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced -- I used pre-minced garlic
  • 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes -- I forgot these (Sorry)
  • 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons vodka
  • 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley -- I used freeze-dried parsley from the produce section
  • 2 (3.5 ounce) links sweet Italian sausage
-In a large skillet, heat oil over moderate (Medium) heat. Remove casing from the sausage and add the sausage to the skillet. This will seem like taking a condom off of the sausage. It's gross but needs to be done. 
-Break up the meat and cook until it is brown.
-Add the garlic and red pepper (which I forgot) cook until the garlic browns

-Add tomatoes and salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
As the meat simmers cook the pasta in a pot. Drain but do not rinse the pasta. After the pasta is done, add the vodka and cream to the meat. Bring this to a boil, reduce heat, add the pasta. Toss this together for one minute and then serve. 




Reviews:
"It's like a fine dining meal that you can get at home. This needs to be a part of a regular rotation." -Morgan
"It was good, very filling, and would make an excellent bake." -Ashley
"Wow. Easier to make than most everything I cook." -Me

.

1 comment:

  1. I believe you can also buy ground Italian sausage, so that you wouldn't have to remove the casing. I use regular ground sausage on my homemade pizza, and I know they have several different varieties. Another option would be to cut it into slices instead of using the ground filling. Slightly different texture, and it wouldn't get the flavor all through the pasta, but it's a choice.

    ReplyDelete